Bob Nystrom’s book about patterns used in game development. Available online, free of charge. If you are into game-dev, you must check it out immediately.
Hey, Game Developer!
- Do you struggle to make your code hang together into a cohesive whole?
- Find it harder to make changes as your codebase grows?
- Feel like your game is a giant hairball where everything is intertwined with everything else?
- Wonder if and how design patterns apply to games?
- Hear things like “cache coherency” and “object pools”, but don’t know how to use them to make your game faster?
I’m here to help! I wrote this book to answer those questions. It’s a collection of patterns I found in games to make code cleaner, easier to understand, and faster.
It’s Free and Online!
This is the book I wish I had when I started making games, and I want you to have it now!